Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's a Religion

Cricket. Yes that’s what.
People (Crickettes) are crazy (I don’t know about any other country but here in India, Yes).
I remember since my childhood, whenever there was any match (specially between India and Pakistan), EVERYONE were in their house watching it !!!! Shops use to shut down at just 4 PM !! And if we win that, Oh my GOD !!! people use to celebrate as if we have won a war. With India –Pakistan I can understand but I can’t understand how someone can see a cricket-match where none of the teams is of his /her country.

I however, could never understand whats so big deal about this cricket…
There is a batsman and a bowler, bowler throws a ball and batsman plays, few guys are there to get the ball and give it to the bowler and rest other (millions) sees this happen again and again…
Once I had to see this (ya that was a punishment my friends gave me for loosing a bet..) and I realized one more new thing… this guy, the “batman”, he was dogging the ball in different styles and these cricket freaks have given all those crazy postures an unique name !! same for throwing ball... (full toss is the only one I can still remember).

Boy !!! How can someone bear that game !!!

I saw soccer, which I liked. Atleast everyone is involved and it’s a fast game not like cricket where it take days to wind up that game (I mean come on !!!! )

PS : I remember in one of the prelim rounds of a quiz, the quiz master said some number and asked in which match India scored this, can you believe that the score was of Indian team in a movie (Lagaan) and there were PEOPLE WHO KNEW THIS !!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is inspired by Sunday's Lunch..so be it..Do you realise what U have done...? U have just stepped into a whirlpool....U are going down baby!!! U have decided to speak against a religion,the mightiest one. Well, you chose for it..U face the music..Ciao...

9:26 AM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not let the monkey's feel bad..Now Shailesh, U are offending them...

12:17 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Jenifer said...

See !! Thats the problem with any religion. Instead of preaching the good things about religion, the believers start criticizing the non-believers.

10:14 AM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, U've got to be in places where good things are being said about the religion. When somebody is putting things in to your head about a religion..it's not good.Neither should U expect somebody to come to U and give to all those lectures. I guess, this religion is really too big for that.

At the same time, there is no reason for anybody to write/say anything against a religion.Now, don't claim that U haven't spoken anything against...
"Boy !!! How can someone bear that game !!!"..
This statement is serious..U have all the rights to talk about it from your own point of view...But talking for rest of the world is something uncalled for...
Nobody here is criticizing the 'non-believers'...The criticism is only because, U chose to write against the religion. As I have wrote earlier,
"U have decided to speak against a religion,the mightiest one. Well, you chose for it..U face the music..Ciao... "

3:31 PM, February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to play it..to know it..!! (for any game for that matter..what say??)

6:20 PM, August 14, 2006  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Anonymous,
Yes Thats my point too. If you are playing the game its really interesting (even if its a test-match) but to watch others play... and that too so slowly...... zzzzzzz....

8:03 PM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home