Name:
Location: India

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Flight or Fright !!!

Afraid of those freaking rides ? Free-fall, Shoot up, Giant wheel in full speed. Try traveling Air-India or Indian Airlines. Fasten your seat belts, remember your near and dear ones and take off !!!
You’ll start loving roller-coasters !!
Trust me it works.

Air India and Indian Airlines
These are so special Airlines that they definitely deserve some place on my blogs. (I have finally started having some fun in theme-parks because of them).
Unfortunately sometimes I have to “ride” in these, I am remembering one such incidence, we entered the flight and the whole flight was so full of mosquitoes that I am sure they had just taken it out from a dungeon or some garbage bin.
They had to spray (I’ll prefer the word “pour”) it with some insect killer for about 2-3 rounds. After that though the mosquitoes were killed, the aircraft started stinking, then there was another round of room freshener. Finally after 20 minutes of circus the flight took off (20 minutes is nothing for getting delayed). I am wondering why dint they do this before boarding the passengers ?
Then came the “welcome” speech and GOD !! they speak it so fast (atleast 5 times faster than I do) that you can’t differentiate when they completed it in English and switched to Hindi. I don’t know what flight they have to catch ;).
After 3-4 hours, I started getting water droplets from the top of my seat. I called the “crew-aunty”, she stared at me (Oh yes I got scared) and then said, may be the AC duct is leaking, the flight is full we can’t accommodate you anywhere else. Please “co-operate”.
We just can’t think of comparing it with other south-asian airlines.
I remember flying in another airlines where instead of booking “Indian vegetarian” they booked “Asian Vegetarian” and for that mistake (which was actually mine) they were eagerly offering me 50USD !!! Our National Airlines, I am sure would never ever have even accepted their mistake.

On a lighter note, I have heard, none of Air-India planes have ever crashed… Wonder why ??

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are wrongly informed. Air India planes crashed lots of times. I was knowing of kanishka (it was a terrorist act)one but after I put my dad's GK under scrutiny he enlightened me of two such incidents ('66,'78). [ luckily both of them were before I did a crash landing on this planet :-)]. Grrrr...anyway I wont cry much on that false info as you already put yourself on the safer side at the outset of the line ("On a lighter note" saved you :-))

BTW, I too experienced the simulated shower in an IA plane. And when you talk of "south asian airlines" ; looks like you are right because in my last journey my co passenger kept on narrating all those good things that he enjoyed/ cherished while travelling by Singapore A.

9:37 PM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:53 PM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now You know Gal Why there are no disney land and 6 flags in India!!

5:55 PM, January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arre chodo bhi jenifar .. jaane do naa ! Your blog name is Enjoy Madi... That only sounds to Enjoy, by going tru it ... we cant enjoy ...

10:58 PM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home